Village of Pelham Fire Department
Engine House Floor Slab Assessment
The Firehouse was built in 1927.
Fire fighting equipment had been replaced over the years with new more modern and heavier equipment. With the addition of roadway salts and water intrusion and additional loading of new and heavier engines the main floor slab had deteriorated and the structural integrity became compromised.
Work on this project included forensic testing such as, non-destructive GPR testing, coring and lifestyle estimation and visual assessment of the main engine floor slab and recommendations for repair.